Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

2011 HBG- Introduction

After another year of listening to far more music than any sane person probably should, it’s time for Sound Writer’s 2011 Holiday Buyer’s Guide. I started this feature in 2007, back when I wrote for a different blog, and I brought it over to Sound Writer last year.

Maybe “Holiday Buyer’s Guide” isn’t an accurate term for this anymore, as there really isn’t any correlation with holiday shopping other than it being that time of the year. What this “guide” really has become is a chance for me to look back on the past year and present what I think are the best albums of 2011 in an organized list. The sorting is by genre, and each genre or section will have 10 albums in it. All of these albums scored at least a 3 out of 4 from me, and many 3’s had to be cut in order to get this list down to 15 sections of 10 albums.

Yes, there will be 15 sections in the 2011 guide, up from 12 last year. They range from rock to hip-hop to electronic to various types of metal, and plenty more. Below you’ll find the schedule for Sound Writer’s 2011 HBG, including all of this year’s sections and dates or when they be posted.

As always, if you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear from you. You can reach me in a number of different ways: leaving a comment on the blog, “liking” Sound Writer on Facebook and sending me a message there, or by e-mailing me at soundwriter1@gmail.com. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the guide!

2011 HBG Schedule:

Rock
Hip Hop
Melodeath/Thrash/Sludge Metal
Electronic
Power/Symphonic/Folk Metal
Alternative/Indie Rock
Progressive
Hardcore
Death Metal
Black Metal
Ambient/Post-Rock
Gothic/Industrial/Darkwave
Folk- Coming Coming Soon
Doom Metal- Coming Soon
Experimental- Coming Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment